Spring Welcome 2019
We can't wait to welcome new students to GCU for the spring semester! Spring Welcome is all about starting your new collegiate journey, getting to know the campus, meeting new friends and learning what it means to be a Lope! Click through the tabs below to make sure you have all the information you need for a successful start at Grand Canyon University. For more detailed information on life as a Lope, check out the 2019 Resource Guide, which will also be coming to you via mail in your Welcome Packet.
The Welcome Crew is here for you so you don't have to lift a finger! Express move-in will be on Saturday, Jan. 5 from 8 - 10 am, and our volunteers will be caffeinated and ready to carry all your belongings to your room. Some important reminders:
- Print the move-in voucher sent to your GCU email for quick check-in once you arrive on campus.
- Label all of your belongings with your name, living area and room number so the Welcome Crew knows where to deliver them. We'll be mailing you some stickers to get you started, but feel free to make your own should you run out.
- Reference the route map to make sure you are entering campus at the correct entrance.
- Move-in lines can get lengthy, so make sure your car is filled with gas and you have plenty of water with you to stay hydrated!
New Student Orientation
After move-in wraps up on Saturday, Jan. 5, we will host a series of mandatory events, including New Student Orientation, where you will connect with other new students, learn about the resources and benefits available to you, and complete any outstanding tasks before the start of classes. Parents and family members are invited to attend as well. Your first step will be checking in for New Student Orientation on the Antelope Gymnasium Patio from 9 am - noon before exploring the Expo and grabbing a bite at the New Lope Lunch!
- Download the GCU Engage app on iOS or Android to connect with other new students in the Spring 2019 New Lopes group, view the most up-to-date schedule and sign-in to mandatory events. You'll also be using this app throughout the semester to get connected with campus life!
- New Student Orientation is for both resident and commuter students. During this time, you will have a chance to meet other transfer students who live in your hall or commute from the same part of the Valley that you do!
- The Orientation Expo, your one-stop shop for completing any outstanding tasks before the start of classes, will be open from 9 am - 1 pm on Saturday, Jan. 5. Make sure you come by before noon so you have plenty of time to check-in for orientation, pick up your student ID, get your parking permit, meet with a student services counselor and more!
Spring Welcome Schedule - Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019
|8 - 10 am||New Resident Express Move-In||All Living Areas|
|9 am - noon||Orientation Check-In||Antelope Gymnasium Patio|
|9 am - 1 pm||Orientation Expo||West Lopes Way and Student Union|
|11 am||Continuing Resident Move-In Opens||All Living Areas|
|11:30 am - 1 pm||New Lope Lunch||Baseball Clubhouse Lawn|
|1 - 4:30 pm||New Student & Family Orientation||Antelope Gymnasium & North Lecture Halls|
|Students and families will be together from 1 - 2:30 pm in the gym before breaking out into student and family specific sessions.|
|4:30 - 5:30 pm||Tailgate||Antelope Gymnasium Patio|
|6 - 8 pm||GCU Men's Basketball vs. Seattle University||GCU Arena|